SUDT stands for “Simple User Defined Token" and is Nervos Network's first token standard. It is similar to Ethereum's ERC20 standard, which provides a way for dApp developers to create custom fungible tokens on the Nervos Network blockchain.
SUDT tokens are created on the Nervos CKB layer 1 blockchain to produce both native assets as well as wrapped from other blockchain token standards using Force Bridge.
Well-known SUDT tokens can also be used on Godwoken layer 2 using an ERC20 proxy contract, which allows Ethereum EVM compatible smart contracts running on Godwoken to interact with SUDT tokens as if they were ERC20 tokens.
Further Reading & Guides:
- Nervos Network RFCS: SUDT
- Nervos Official Docs: Mint SUDT via Contract
- Nervos Official Docs Glossary: SUDT
- Write a SUDT script by Capsule
- Layer 1 Developer Training Course: Script Logic of a SUDT in Rust
- Layer 1 Developer Training Course: Lab: Use an SUDT in Lumos
- Layer 2 Developer Training Course: SUDT-CLI (tool that allows developers to quickly issue SUDT tokens from the command line)