The Nervos Layer 2 - Godwoken is a Layer 2 optimistic rollup solution and EVM-compatible layer built upon Nervos' Layer 1.
The Nervos Layer 2 consists of two main components: The Godwoken optimistic rollup framework, and the Polyjuice EVM compatibility framework. These two frameworks (Godwoken + Polyjuice) work together to create a scalable EVM compatible solution for Nervos, commonly known as just "Godwoken".
Godwoken aims to be a solution for dApp builders who want the benefits of Ethereum—with its establishment, good tooling, and documentation—but without the drawbacks, such as network congestion, high gas fees, oversaturation, and scalability issues. Developers have the option of using Solidity, just like they would on Ethereum, but with the added benefit of interoperability with other blockchains.
For Ethereum devs, Godwoken is the best of both worlds. Developers can easily port their existing dApps to Nervos, expanding their reach & brand awareness in a DeFi development-focused network while also benefiting from instant transaction finality & low fees in an Ethereum-like environment.
Ultimately, Godwoken is a major step in Nervos Network's greater vision for interoperability throughout the blockchain ecosystem via multi-chain solutions.
The best place to start developing on Nervos Network's Layer 2 is the Layer 2 EVM Developer Training Course!
The Layer 2 EVM Developer Training Course includes tutorials and concept explainers such as:
- Create account on the EVM Layer 2 Testnet
- Deploy a Simple Ethereum Smart Contract on Polyjuice
- Issue a Smart Contract Call to the Deployed Smart Contract
- Use Force Bridge to Deposit Tokens from Ethereum
- Port an Existing Ethereum dApp to Polyjuice
- Withdraw From Layer 2 Back to Layer 1
More Layer 2 Resources:
- Mainnet, Testnet, RPC Links: Godwoken (Layer 2)
- What is Godwoken? (Layer 2 Info & Docs)
- Nervos Official Docs: Developer Materials Guide